Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feel What You Want

Is it possible that these four words hold the key to fulfilling all our dreams and aspirations? Feel what you want.

A year ago, I resigned from an eight-year old management position at a university when most around me hunkered down and rode out the worst recession since the Great Depression. I did so to write a book called The Super Human Effect: My Quest for the Moment When Everything Changes. If my actions seemed irrational, it is because they were. My actions were not guided by a thorough risk assessment or a bullet-proof business plan. My actions were guided by my spiritual heart’s desire. The map to its fulfillment does not reveal an inter-state highway to a large bank account or a stellar book rating on Amazon. The map reveals winding roads of what I am feeling in the present moment. If my map has been hard to read, convoluted and smudgy, it is because it is. My map includes feelings of what I don’t want as much as what I do. My map includes feelings of fear. Fear of losing my house, of losing inspiration and motivation. Fear of simply losing. My map also includes trust in a supportive source that planted my heart's desire, without which I cannot breathe. It includes a joyful awareness of surprising twists and turns that have led to synchronistic encounters, reminding me of perfection in divine timing.

Thankfully feeling what I want is winning out and my book is set to be in stores March 2011.

What is it that you really want? Can you hold the vision in such vivid detail that it actually creates the feelings of what you want right now? What if you consciously chose to feel what you really want in every moment? And what if (and this is the fun part), your external circumstances are waiting for you to choose to feel what you want before showing you the evidence?


"[We] must learn to lay all judgments aside, and ask only what we really want in every circumstance."- A Course in Miracles, Manual for Teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment