Thursday, June 24, 2010

It All Matters!

With four days till the end of voting in Round 2 of the competition, I cannot contain my excitement or anticipation for what I will learn come next week. Am I in or out? Does it matter? Well sure it does. I don’t want this specific ride to end. I am so proud of how I have approached this competition. Every day has had successful moments. Even when I did nothing involving the competition, I know that my mind and heart were integrating and digesting life experiences that will strengthen my desire to reach millions. Yet I have stayed focused on the daily process and not the destination. How I got into the competition just seemed so synchronistically perfect. To have received an invitation to join a competition that would ultimately involve 2800 authors one week after completing a book about living my life’s purpose was incredibly timely. Do I have to win? If I win, then the answer was yes. If I don’t win, then the answer was no. I’m not trying to be cheeky as my late mother-in-law used to say. I truly believe that reality is perfect and is synonymous with God’s will. If we want to end suffering then accept God’s will. If you have no concept of God, then accept what is. Accept reality. It is our resistance to what is- what we are feeling in the moment, what we are experiencing in the moment, what we want in the moment that causes pain and suffering. Trust that if change is God’s will, you will be moved to be the catalyst for change at just the right time.

“But Dennis, wouldn’t it be better if I did not want anything?”

Relinquishing all desire is not a conscious process. We cannot force ourselves to not want anything. It is through acceptance of everything including the relationship of our current emotional state and our desire for change that leads to an energized and passion-filled life. Here is my take on the effects of Adam and Eve’s disobedience or what some call the origin of sin. When we do not honor and fully embrace who we are in the moment, then we are disobeying God. This disobedience causes the veil between heaven and earth to thicken, and the result is a sense of separation from love. The heart closes and just like Adam and Eve, when they became aware that they were naked, we become ashamed of our own truth. We hide with as many proverbial fig leaves as we can find. How do we get back to paradise? Obey God by fully accepting who we are without judgment. When we don’t accept God’s will, we suffer. When we accept God’s will, we are free.

So, is it God’s will that I win the competition? I want to believe that it is, but in the end, I will feel joyous either way. I might be sad and depressed for a while if I don’t win. If so, I will accept these feelings as God’s will. I will accept what is and what is will bring me back to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment